Friday, February 1, 2008

We Need to Talk

So, the goal was Vermont by Christmas '08. Was the goal.

I probably shouldn't have, but I took a peek at realtor.com yesterday, and the news was grim. $160k to $180k for condos in my complex, not to mention the fact that there are 81 condos for sale right now in my zip code.

Things need to be pushed back, see. Let's say Christmas '09. It's a depressing thought to be around here for an extra year, but my assumption is I will be going to VT by myself, which means I will need more $$ out of my condo to buy a decent place up there. If I knew for a fact that I would not be going it alone, then maybe I could still go full steam ahead, but the best thing is to always plan life based on 1 income.

So, my friends, I will continue to plug away, but at a more stately pace. Which is probably a good thing....I tend to the stately...err....snail-like in life anyways.

2 comments:

JennB said...

oh, boo!!!
I hope the market turns around quickly!

Anonymous said...

lipstick AND a wedding band???!!!

such a SHAM!!!

LLoyd